Richard L. Barton, APR
As Founder and Chief Operating Officer of Barton Marketing Group, Richard brings 40+ years of experience in sales, public relations, marketing, project coordination, and client service. His background includes years as a newspaper reporter, Bureau Chief for the Daily Herald (Arlington Hts., Ill.) and owner/operator of a foreign auto parts business.
He has been a national director of sales/marketing, public relations, and communications for a variety of corporations and professional societies. He has been responsible for a wide variety of newsletters, journals, and society publications for several national associations.
Richard has a degree in Journalism from Northern Illinois University and was honored as Author of the Year by Convene magazine, the official journal of the Professional Convention Management Association. He has also been awarded for publicity and special event projects that have received national attention.
He works with a variety of clients to market tradeshows, events, products, and services. Although working in a variety of markets, he has expertise in marketing to seniors, working with government units, creating community events and fundraising.
Other career highlights:
- Founder/President of Winner's Circle Auto Parts
- Marketing Consultant to Toyota Motor Company and Ford Motor Company
- Founder/President of Barton Marketing Group, business consultants/sales reps.
- Past President Park Ridge Chamber of Commerce
- Park Ridge Park Commissioner and later Board President. Founder/Chair of Environmental Impact Task Force which created several citywide initiatives.
- Publicity Chair for The Taste of Park Ridge
- Founder of the Historic Tours of Park Ridge